Devising a reliable cooling concept for a data center is a key function and a central challenge.
- Thermally-related faults are the primary cause of over 50% of failures in IT equipment
- Energy consumption for cooling forms a substantial proportion of overall energy consumption in a data center and offers opportunities for efficiency improvements
- Cooling should be adapted to the actual thermal load of the data center.
- Heat dissipation must be planned as accurately as possible
- Peaks in capacity demand must be taken into account