POWER MANAGEMENT AND POWER DISTRIBUTION
Power supply and distribution systems are among the most important elements in any server cabinet. Energy resources are growing scarcer and energy costs are reaching unprecedented heights. This is resulting in data centers reaching the limits of their capacity. Against this background Pentair offers a wide range of advantageous options, the components of which can be combined with one another with ease.
New technologies are giving rise to new opportunities for IT. The physical infrastructure, however, is growing more complex at a very fast rate. Unprofessional installations, hardware faults, changes to the infrastructure and environmental factors have a direct influence on the availability and functionality of the data center. To enable trouble-shooting and diagnostics, the data center operator must monitor certain important parameters.
Whether you require a simple single or three-phase power distribution system or a power management system that provides extremely precise information, you will achieve better control over your data center through:
- Situation-based decisions for capacity planning
- More efficient use of the available energy
- Improved server availability and reliability
- Higher packaging density per cabinet
- Reduced investment costs and savings on operating costs
- Real-time measurement of PUE (power usage effectiveness)
Pentair offers a range of solutions for these challenges:
- Simple PDUs (power distribution units)
- Intelligent PDUs with remote measurement and monitoring of energy consumption at circuit/phase level
- Intelligent PDUs with remote measurement and monitoring of energy consumption at cabinet level and the outlets plus remote switch-on or off of the connected consumers
- Power management software (Raritan Power IQ)
Pentair offers monitoring equipment for individual cabinets and rows, with a wide selection of plug-and-play environmental sensors. They monitor all important parameters such as temperature, air humidity, door contact, smoke, airflow, differential pressure and leakage and offer webcam monitoring.
Thanks to their plug-and-play functionality, these devices can be used for monitoring and parameterizing Schroff air/water heat exchangers. Operating parameters can be specified and temperature, fan speed and error protocols can be managed remotely.
Power supply and distribution systems are among the most important elements in any server cabinet. Whether it is single-phase or three-phase modules, low-cost PDUs purely for distribution within the cabinet and switchable or telemonitored devices that offer more than just power distribution, our program is rich in options. In the Schroff concept the individual components can be combined to outstanding effect. What is more, custom manufacturing means that they can even be modified to individual needs in very short time.