SCHROFF PXI EXPRESS SYSTEM
nVent is expanding its product range with a modular PXI Express system for test and measurement applications. As with all Schroff products, the off-the-shelf component options ensure flexibility and cost-efficient adaptation of numerous customer or application requirements.
PXI Express offers a modular architecture, combining the PCI Express bus with the CompactPCI Express form factor for a wide range of PC-based testing and measurement applications. The complete Schroff PXI Express system is based on the modular RatiopacPRO Air case with integrated ventilation concept and fan control. An industrial-capable power supply unit with the conventional PC-voltages (3.3 V, 5 V, ±12 V and 5 V standby) are used as a power supply unit.
- Desktop PXI & PXIe Systems in various slot counts
- Switches, bridges and clock modules (PXIe) realized as mezzanine modules for easy customization and fast exchange in the field
- Optimized air flow concept for excellent cooling performance
- The PXI Express Systems support up to 16GB/s PCIe Gen3 system bandwidth
SCHROFF COM CARRIER BOARDS FOR COM EXPRESS TYPE 6 MODULES
nVent has developed a modular standard COM (Computer On Module) carrier for type 6 COM express modules. COM Express modules, standardized by PICMG, support the latest signals such as HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 & 3.0 and PCI Express. nVent also offers a complete solution based on the standard COM carrier including a COM module, hard drive and more in an Interscale C case with cooling and power supply. Customers can receive a completely integrated solution from a single source and can focus on their own value add such as software.
Modular COM system concept:
- Interfaces can be adjusted based on requirements
- Slots for various expansion boards
- Efficient, low-interference power supply
- Choice of integration level
- Enclosure with IP protection up to IP 55 (optionally up to IP 67)
- Flexible cooling design for forced air cooling or passive cooling applications
- The height, width and depth of the small case can be adjusted
ATCA Eco Modular System
The Schroff AdvancedTCA ECO Modular System has an economic design with a reduced feature set, especially regarding hot swap of the shelf FRU's as with the Schroff 300/40 and 450/40 series.
The shelf is developed to be easily adapted to the application power and cooling needs.
- 14U, 14 Slot Chassis, air flow cooling front to back
- Cooling capacity of 250 or 450 W per slot, 500 W cooling per slot on request
- One fan tray below the card cage with 6 or 8 fans
- 40 G backplane with Dual-Star or Dual-Dual-Star topology
- Shelf FRU data SEEPROMs directly mounted onto backplane
100 Gbps Schroff AdvancedTCA backplane
The first 100 Gbps Schroff AdvancedTCA backplane from nVent has been verified according to the design requirements of the PICMG3.1R3.0 specifications for 100 Gbps Ethernet. The high data transmission rates of 100 Gbps presented new challenges for connectors, printed circuit board material and backplane design:
- Guaranteed 100 Gbps performance through extensive in house verification
- 2.5x higher data rate than the current 40 Gbps ATCA backplanes / systems with the same form factor
- Backward compatible to 40 Gbps / 10 Gbps ATCA backplanes
- Uses specially developed ZD connector and PCB material for high speed 100Gbps requirements
Schroff MicroTCA.4-system with White Rabbit Support and integrated JTAG switch module
nVent has enhanced its 12-slot MicroTCA.4-System for Advanced Physics und Industrial Automation. In order to perform precision, sensitive measurements, physics research facilities place a high demand on the real-time data transfer over Ethernet. White Rabbit is an extension of Ethernet that provides very precise synchronization among distributed nodes. It was invented at CERN and is currently developed by a distributed multi-company, multi-laboratory team as an open source hardware and software project. To support this nVent and its strategic partner N.A.T. (Bonn), has updated following hardware components:
- MicroTCA carrier hub (MCH) from N.A.T with new White Rabbit clock module
- JSM module – JTAG Switch Module –used to access the individual FPGAs in the system
- MicroTCA.4 system with an additional, separate JSM slot on the back side